Sunday, October 26, 2008

ZZ Top, exams, and more oh my!

It has been quite a while since I have updated my blog, so I feel as though I should add an entry even though it will be quite scattered as I try to recollect many happenings over 2 months in a short space.

To begin with recent events, reverse chronological order, or how I remember them randomly.....I went to a ZZ Top concert on thursday and it was aaaaamazing! This is the second time I have seen them in concert and both times it was wonderful. They have a great mix of rock and blues and they are very entertaining. If only I could grow such a lucious beard, but alas and alack I'll stick with my small goatee.

The next day I had a quantum exam, which was wonderful. I strangley enjoy doing quatnum tests....actually I just enjoy doing quantum period. I was also prone to the realization once again that I have this unusual inversion in that I am terrible at easy things and great at hard things. I found the quantum test to be very easy and simple, while the rest of the group didnt, which I think pissed them off, but it also made me realize once again that in undergrad my lowest physics grades were in lower level classes, while my highest grades were in my quantum(supposedly) hardest classes. I have this weird correlation where I do better as an increasing function of difficulty, which one would think is the opposite of how it should be. I am weird.

I had a math methods exam and got slaughtered by it, because whoever grades seems to be a jerk. The problem that the fewest people got right was weighted the most....which once again adds to the ever growing lists of angst towards that class. It is neither a physics nor mathematics class as it lacks mathematical rigor, and it also lacks physics, so its some weird bastardization of the two that pisses off both the physicist and mathematician in me. I really miss valpo where math classes were taught by math profs and physics was taught by physics profs and people didnt disrespect each others fields by bastardizing it.

Cleaning and keeping track of an inordinate amount of mail(primarily junk) and lab reports is continuing to be a problem. Everytime I clean and organize it is back to a mess by the next day. I feel like I need to be cleaning 24 hours a day just to keep up. Its like the pile of lab reports grows while I sleep and spreads all over the apartment.

Well I must pause for now and return to the endless tide of work....

No comments: