Thursday, September 18, 2008

Frustrations and much need for prayer!

So I figured I might as well rant a bit and vent my problems and put out there that they are all basically prayer requests:

- Grad school thus far has been a slow review of undergrad physics, and I am bored. We are going slowly, over material I have known since sophomore year and it is very aggravating. I really want to learn new challenging stuff, not just rehashing of things I already know, and rehashing in less detail. Once again I find that I am over prepared and therefore am left bored and frustrated.

-Being bored and frustrated means I am not putting as much effort as I ought into homework, and therefore am not doing as well as I could be. I don't know why but I always do better on extremely difficult problems then on easy ones.

- I have a tooth infection or some such thing which has put me in terrible pain for a week now, and dentists are beign very slow about fixing the problem. They just are having me manage the problem with drugs(which are very nice) but it doesnt fix the underlying condition. I hate being in pain, and I hate being hopped up on vicodin becuase I'm half asleep the entire time I'm on it.

- Professors at large state schools are no where near as approachable and nice as Valpo...which is a huge culture shock.

-I miss Valpo's faith life dearly. Churches out here don't know how to use an organ, or do liturgy well. Plus there aren't services during the week, and all the bible studies are during when I am teaching.

In summary, things are not going as well as they could. Their is much opposition to my growth as a person both academically and spiritually, there is physical illness, and there is the continual aching for a time and a place that will never be again. I will write a happier note later, since not everything is bad.

No comments: