Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oddities

Life is odd. We are all trapped in this distension of senses which we call time. Time warps and shifts reality around us, and turns the eternal into the momentary. Everything we do, every relationship, every interaction is just dust in the wind. Temporal life is the constant state of death. Every second that time ticks by the past dies and we are left with the grief of lost moments, whether they be beautiful, or awful. There is grief as who we once were is lost into the shadowy darkness of time.
I mourn the loss of loved ones, all those who have died in these years of my life on earth. I morn the loss of lives I knew and will never know again: High School, Valpo, Walcamp, Lutherwood, and now I am in a new life at WSU. I mourn the missed opportunities, the mistakes, the brokeness. How knowledge comes at a great price! As I have grown in my understanding of the universe and therefore my capabilities, I have also fallen from the innocent presumptions and simple thoughts of youth, and I come to realize that a Man's capability for evil is porportional to his ability for good, and that with the great gifts which God has blessed me comes great responsibility.....but maybe these are just the late night ramblings of a man on narcotic pain killers for tooth pain.

No comments: