Friday, August 8, 2008

week seven: Sr High Advernture

So I got to go zip lining this week! See the video!



I also got to go white water rafting, which I unfortunately do not have pics for because my camera does not like water like I do. We went on the Skagit River, which has primarily class 1 and 2 rapids, but we did a few class 3's including the Skagitator, which was amazing. It was a good 8 foot wave that almost threw me out of the boat.

I still cannot believe that I am getting paid for this. I basically get to play all day, do adventure, and do crazy stuff that I would pay to do, and rather than paying, I get paid. Nuts!

Then again dealing with the stress of campers and programing, and other staff members is not necessarily the most fun. Scuba, while being extremely awesome was mentally in Ghana this week and that made it very hard on me, because I had to do a lot of extra work. He will physically be there in a few days and I wish him the best.

The campers were really good this week, but of course that means something else has to go wrong to make up for it. Camp tends to have this rule that something has to be bad and going wrong. It can be different things, but every week has to have problems.

Next week I was supposed to be doing a waterski/wakeboard daycamp, which would mean evenings off, but one of the male counselors broke his ankle, and so the need me to replace him so now I have normal camp with 7-8th graders. I feel bad about his ankle and hope he heals well, but I am also cranky because his injury means I have to once again do work outside of my job description. Camp doesn't like to keeping to job descriptions.

Well I am going to go rock climbing, so I will write more later :-)

No comments: